Saturday, October 6, 2012

True's Truth

Here's True's Truth.

On September 13, 2012 he was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes.

Forever, that date will be ingrained in my brain. 

He will be diabetic the rest of his life. His diagnosis will never change. He will be checking his blood glucose levels and taking insulin every single day for the rest of his life. There was nothing he or us, as his parents, could have done to prevent this. No diet could have prevented it. No diet or exercise regime will make it go away (unlike type 2 diabetes.)

It's a daunting diagnosis. It's a scary diagnosis. It's a life changing diagnosis. But it's our reality now, and we have to find a way to deal with it. Thus far, True has faced it with unbelievable dignity and courage. More than I could have ever imagined. He's one brave boy. I am in awe of him every day.

As a writer at heart, I've decided to start this blog as a way to breathe and vent through the trials and tribulations of our every day life as we face the challenges of diabetes and share it with our family and friends so you all can have some idea of what it is that True goes through on a daily basis and what life with diabetes looks like.

What I'm not is a tech person so it will take me a few days (or weeks!) to get this space looking more polished and pretty with Todd's help. Bare with me until then.

I look forward to sharing our journey with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment